In a light of the war in Ukraine and Finland’s bid to join NATO, the government of Finland plans to help companies fund improvements to their cybersecurity through a voucher scheme. The plan is expected to be approved in September, with vouchers starting to go out in October.

Last month (August 2022), the website of the Finnish Parliament suffered a denial of service attack, attributed to a Russian hacker group calling itself NoName057(16).

“The vouchers would provide up to 15,000 euros, around $15,000, to small and medium-sized companies and nonprofits. Larger companies could be eligible for vouchers worth as much as 100,000 euros. Higher-value vouchers could cover 70% of a cybersecurity project, according to an official from the Finnish Ministry of Transport and Communications, with companies required to pay the remaining 30%.”

As a Finnish cybersecurity company & a member of Finnish Information Security Cluster, Binare fully supports raised concerns around security of Finnish companies and wants to provide help to Finnish startups and SMEs by offering unique innovation consulting services together with Business Finland at an unmatched price! (please read the details of the offer HERE)

Sources of information:

About Binare: is a recent deep-tech cybersecurity spinoff from University of Jyväskylä. Binare develops advanced automated solutions for (I)IoT cybersecurity. Binare’s flagshipIoT Firmware Analysis and Monitoring platform provides full automation and integration with both DevOps/SecOps pipelines to improve (I)IoT device security throughout its lifecycle. 

Take a step towards security of your IoT device already today by trying our FREE Demo!
Link to our FREE Demo:

Leave a Reply